MacBook Air 13.3" (March 2020)
The incredibly thin and light MacBook Air is now more powerful than ever. It features a brilliant Retina display, new Magic Keyboard, Touch ID, processors with up to twice the performance, faster graphics, and double the storage capacity.
The sleek wedge-shaped design is created from 100 percent recycled aluminum, making it the greenest Mac ever. And with all-day battery life, our most popular Mac is your perfectly portable, do-it-all notebook.
One immersive experience.
With a resolution of 2560-by-1600 for over 4 million pixels, the results are positively jaw dropping. Images take on a new level of detail and realism. Text is sharp and clear. And True Tone technology automatically adjusts
the white point of the display to match the color temperature of your environment — making web pages and email look as natural as the printed page. With millions of colors, everything you see is rich and vibrant. The display glass goes right
to the edge of the enclosure, so you can focus on what’s on your screen. And you’re going to love what you see.
- 13.3” high-resolution Retina display
- True Tone technology
- Razor-sharp text clarity
- 48% more colors
Easy to bring along. Totally brings it.
MacBook Air packs heavy-duty performance into just 2.8 pounds. The available quad-core Intel Core i7 processor delivers up to 2x faster CPU performance1 and up to 80 percent faster graphics
performance,4 to help you power through everything from browsing the web to playing games to editing video. Up to 16GB of high-performance 3733MHz memory lets you work seamlessly even with multiple apps open. The fast SSD storage starts at 256GB —
double the capacity of the previous standard configuration. And it can be configured with up to 2TB, providing plenty of room for all your movies, music, photos, files, and games.
- Up to 2X faster CPU performance
- Up to 4-coreIntel Core i7 processor
- Up to 80% faster graphics performance4
- Up to 2 TB SSD storage
Keyboard Feel the Magic.
MacBook Air now features the new Magic Keyboard, first seen on the 16-inch MacBook Pro. The refined scissor mechanism with 1 mm of travel delivers a responsive, comfortable, and quiet typing experience. The inverted-T arrow
keys help you fly through lines of code, spreadsheets, or game environments. And the backlit keys with ambient light sensor help you type in low-light settings. Redesigned scissor mechanism with 1 mm travel
Force Touch Trackpad
The Force Touch trackpad is one of the best in the world. It lets you interact with your Mac in a variety of ways based on subtle differences in pressure. You have precise control and a uniform response — no matter where
you click the trackpad — as well as plenty of room for Multi-Touch gestures like pinch and zoom. Your fingers will feel right at home. 20% larger. More room for Multi‑Touch gestures
Touch ID Your fingerprint is your password.
The advanced security and convenience of Touch ID are built right into MacBook Air. Simply place your finger on the Touch ID sensor and — just like that — your Mac unlocks. Use your fingerprint
to immediately access locked documents, notes, and system settings, without entering yet another password. Online shopping is even easier — select Apple Pay at checkout, and with just one touch you’re done. No need to enter shipping or
billing info, and your card details are never shared. With Touch ID, your private information stays private.
Securely make online purchases with Apple Pay
Instantly authenticate password-protected documents
Apple T2 Security Chip
MacBook Air features the Apple T2 Security Chip — second-generation custom Mac silicon designed by Apple to make MacBook Air even more secure. So when you use Touch ID to unlock your Mac, authenticate a document, or pay
a merchant online, your information stays safe. With on-the-fly data encryption, all your data stored on the SSD is automatically and fully encrypted. And thanks to the T2 Security Chip, MacBook Air features a familiar voice — Hey Siri is always
ready to open apps, find documents, play music, and answer your questions.
Speakers and Camera Sound that speaks volumes.
With the latest in processing and tuning techniques, MacBook Air sounds better than ever. Stereo speakers deliver twice the bass and 25 percent more volume.3 And wider stereo sound creates immersive
audio when you’re listening to music or watching a movie. The FaceTime camera lets one — or many — of your friends and family members see you in high definition. And three microphones form an array that more accurately captures your
voice for FaceTime calls, dictation, and talking to Siri.
- 2x more bass
- 25% more volume
- Three-microphone array captures your voice more accurately
- FaceTime HD camera for one‑to‑one and group calls
- Thunderbolt 3 One for all, all in one.
Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the ultra-versatility of the USB-C industry standard to create one revved-up universal port — and MacBook Air has two of them. Thunderbolt 3 integrates data transfer, charging, and video output in
a single connector, delivering up to 40Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug it in, it’s always
right side up.
macOS Catalina The power of Mac. Taken further.
Featuring dedicated apps for music, TV, and podcasts, smart new features in the apps you use every day, and Sidecar, which lets you use iPad as a second Mac display.
Mac + iPhone All together now.
Copy a photo on your iPhone and paste it on your Mac. Create a shopping list on your Mac and take it with you on your iPhone. Or start an Apple Arcade game on either device and finish it on the other. Your Mac works
with your iPhone in ways no other computer can.
Powerful built-in apps.
Every Mac comes equipped with a collection of powerful creativity and productivity apps. So you can get right to work. Or play.
Materials Made with 100% recycled aluminum.
MacBook Air is made with an aluminum alloy created by Apple that delivers the same strength, durability, and flawless finish — without mining any new aluminum from the earth. It’s designed to
use shavings of recaptured aluminum that are re-engineered down to the atomic level. The result is an enclosure as incredibly beautiful and strong as any we have made.
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology;
2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 by 1050
- 1440 by 900
- 1024 by 640
16:10 aspect ratio
True Tone technology
Touch ID sensor
- 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i3, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz, with 4MB L3 cache Configurable to 1.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz, with 6MB L3 cache; or 1.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz, with 8MB L3 cache
- 1.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz, with 6MB L3 cache
Configurable to 1.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz, with 8MB L3 cache
- 256 GB PCIe-based SSD Configurable to 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD
- 512GB PCIe-based SSD Configurable to 1TB or 2TB SSD
- 8GB of 3733MHz LPDDR4X onboard memory
Configurable to 16GB of memory
Battery and Power
- Up to 11 hours wireless web
- Up to 12 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built-in 49.9‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter; USB-C power port
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.16–0.63 inch (0.41–1.61 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 pounds (1.29 kg)
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Support for Thunderbolt 3–enabled external graphics processors (eGPUs)
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One external 6K display with 6016-by-3384 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors, or
- One external 5K display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors, or
- Up to two external 4K displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, and Thunderbolt 2 output using adapters (sold separately)
720p FaceTime HD camera
Charging and Expansion
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: −13° to 113° F (−25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Catalina brings new, dedicated apps for music, TV, and podcasts. Smart updates to the apps you use most. And Sidecar, which lets you use iPad as a second display. So
you can take everything you do above and beyond.